Monday, September 17, 2007

Taking a break. Ignoring (um, maybe just not engaging with) the babies while they play happily. For 10 minutes if I'm lucky. I feel bad because I seem to be driving every day. It's the only way that I can get these monkeys to pack it in for a nap for any length of time. I think that Wednesday we will try to ride the bike with the duo in the trailer (which Olive hates after a multiple chin pinching incident). We went to the Eastside Family Place this morning because the sight of a used needle greeted us as we got out of the car & I just didn't have the energy to search the park for rigs. The thought of one of the girls getting pricked freaks me right out. Can you imagine giving AZT to a one year old. HORRIBLE. This city is getting me down. Between the crap everywhere, the pathologically angry drivers, being totally disrespected by my employer (the strike is in week 8) & not being able to afford our own home, I want out.

And I fell & twisted my ankle on Friday. Walking. On a flat sidewalk. Near where I saw the dirty needle today. Guess I'm lucky that I didn't get stuck.

Off to enjoy my gals this afternoon & try to forget about the filthy bathroom, piles of dishes & sheets that need changing.

No comments: