Monday, June 11, 2007

10 months, 23 days, 2 hours and 19 minutes


Olive chuckles and screws her face up into a squinchy-eyed, crooked grin all of the time these days. At random things and often at herself in the mirror. She loves dogs, but she loves Etta most of all. The other day I told her that we were going for a walk to see Etta and she swiveled towards the door and exclaimed "Et-ta!". She is scooting all over the house now, right leg bent and tucked, left leg out straight. She loves standing up at the coffee table playing with whatever happens to be there, then bending over to check out her book stash hidden on the shelf underneath. She said "Booh!" yesterday when I put Moo Moo, Brown Cow down on the bed. She gets braver by the day, bending over, pulling up, reaching and getting into all sorts of yucky places. Mmm, mmm, the bathroom floor is so tasty. She likes to brush my teeth and feed her daddy. If she could, she would only eat bananas and products containing white flour (cinnamon bagels, oh my!). She can readily identify the location of her own and mama's belly buttons. She will go to sleep in daddy's arms. When Doug walks into the room she says "Hi da" and waves her wee hand. She is so, so excited about life. She doesn't want her diaper changed. She can play the tambourine. She is a patient, sweet, gentle little soul except for when she boot kicks me in the stomach. She held my finger in her hand as she slept nestled against me last night. Her hair is the softest, softest thing, perfect for nuzzling and stroking. I love her so much it makes me crazy. And makes me want to let the crazy go. So we can be happy. Oh, Olive, you make mummy so happy baby.

2 comments:

Callie said...

That picture is absolutely precious - what a cutiepie! Your post is very sweet and it's obvious that you love Olive very much!

We missed you on Monday :(

brie said...

That photo gets me every time! Could she be any cuter?!!