Thursday, April 5, 2007

Thanks

I just wanted to say thank you to the folks (all four of you!) who post comments, especially the ones about my good mother post. I think that I was a little freaked out when I first realized that people were actually reading this. Even people I don't know. And people I do know. Maybe even my family sometimes. I know, I know, it's a blog, it's out there for planetary consumption.

And I had to ask myself, why am I writing this? And the answer is, it helps me. It helps me think about this journey that I'm on and to gain some perspective, and it's putting me in touch with some of my creative juices again. And it brings me pleasure. So if somebody wants to read what often amounts to a list of complaints, then hey, thanks everybody. I really appreciate it.
It's also helping me recognize the difference between my fantasy of life (super crafty mummy, getting everything done around the house, crafting, and nourishing Olive on every level, yet still the sassy bitch who's good-time-fun) and reality. Which isn't that. So, letting go of expectations, yada yada yada. We're talkin' 'bout a revolution gang.

2 comments:

dana said...

Thank YOU Kristy! The world needs more people to express their struggles honestly. It takes courage to not pretend, and to reach out. love, Dana.

brie said...

I second what Dana said. I'm glad that you're writing!

That is as coherent as it's gonna get from me over the next week or so.