Friday, May 11, 2007

The Return



Well, well, well, we're back from our epic voyage and very happy to be snuggled back up in our beds with our daddy.

We had a lovely time with Nanny, Auntie Chris, cousin Gloria, Great Grama, Great Grampa, Pa, Kaitlyn, and Auntie Kelly. There were many snuggles and kisses, and Olive worked very hard on getting mobile. Crawling is on the very near horizon. Signing has begun. She loved the walking and the playing, but missed all of her baby friends and of course, most of all, her daddy. Sleep was shit - fool that I am, I actually thought that we'd continue to evolve our sleep situation. On the bright side I've learned a whole new level of patience, and now we'll begin again.

Mother's Day is on its way. It was so, so wonderful to spend this time with my mum and my babe. Olive learned to say NanNan (mum is Nanny) and we spent many hours talking, laughing and playing cards. Oh yeah, and eating! I feel like I am finally learning to trust my instincts, to trust that I am a good mama, and to know what I need to achieve balance. That, I think, is the best gift I could get for my very first Mother's Day. That and some zzzz's.

Ohhh, I missed that husband of mine.

Olive & her cousin Kaitlyn cuddling on their Great Grandparent's lawn in Vernon.

No comments: