Friday, February 23, 2007

All about yarn


I got to order my Handmaiden yarn for my latest projects, yippee!

First, a skein of 4-ply Cashmere in Autumn to make a hat for someone special.

Second, two skeins of Grande Godiva in Origin to make myself a moebius scarf so that my scarf tails don't get inbetween me and the babe when we're out walking in the winter.

Third, a Cashmere Pullover in a custom colour (a takeoff on the Peridot colourway) for me as a reward for being such a great mum and nursing all night long every night.

I've banned myself from going to my favourite local yarn store because they wouldn't let me exchange the Turbo needles I bought for my moebius scarf, which I'd originally planned to knit out of Noro Silk Garden. I bought 3 balls in colour 203, along with the needles in the correct gauge. Then I realized that the project would really look better in the Handmaiden Grande Godiva and went to switch the needles for a bigger gauge, at which point I was told no, sorry, but you could be lying and trying to cheat us by having already used the needles. So basically needles are like underwear in their world. And I, a yarn junkie, will never go into their store again even though it hurts me. I am an honest person. I would never cheat a small local business. (A multi-national evil empire, well that's another story. Although I don't think that yarn and big profits go hand in hand).

On a side note, I am dying to knit either the Lizard Ridge Afghan from Knitty or this exquisite Domino Blanket, both Noro Kureyon, both totally out of my price league.

My little muffin was very attached to mummy today. I guess that's what you get when you attachment parent, right?

1 comment:

brie said...

That seems really weird about the needles. I wouldn't buy a used pair of undies, but used knitting needles? I don't even know that I would notice. Then again, I still don't knit.

I'm so happy you have a blog Kristy! It's bookmarked over here. And even if I don't get to meet Olive soon (friggin' school!), at least I can read about her and look at the cutsie photos.

Uh, I have go do an indexing project now...yay?