Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Gobble that baby up

Olive started singing this week. We are routinely being reminded to bust out a little Baby Beluga ("Bay-bee! Bay-bee!") or The More We Get Together (with signs). It is sweetness personified. A growth spurt hit, causing her hair to grow so long that she now needs wee barrettes to hold her bangs out of her eyes. She is giving us huge hugs just as she falls asleep at night. She often wakes up in the morning exclaiming her need for a "booh! booh!" (book! book!) or "Dada?". She is beginning to respond to questions with eyebrow waggling & shifty eyes. She makes us laugh all of the time. She clings to my knees from behind if I try to cook or do the dishes. Her word for water is "ga". Everytime I hold her on my lap she asks for milk. She is rapidly turning into a little girl & I'm going to relish this wee bit of baby left, because I know that it won't be long before it is gone & she'll no longer want to be cuddled for hours on end. I want to gobble her up & keep her close to me forever.

No comments: