Friday, August 17, 2007

Equal pay, yo.


Hi, my name is Kristy & I'm crazy. Why? I'm up before Olive is awake. Huh? Ya, I got up earlier than I had to - it's official, I'm crazy. (One good thing about this particular choice is I got to hear Olive giggling madly in her sleep and watch her sleep with her bum in the air. Normally the morning begins with Olive prying my eyelids apart with her tiny razor sharp finger nails).

Also, this morning marks the beginning of Olive's indoctrination into trade unionism - little baby is going to be walking the picket line with mama. She'll be wearing her "Equal Pay for Equal Work" plaquard and charming my fellow library workers with her sparkle. I'm pretty sure there will be a great deal of singing, finger plays & rhyming, as well as a little accordion & guitar for spice. Oh, & dogs & knitting. Yee haw. Pictures to follow!

My sweet sisters Liza, Dana & Sharkey (& ?) rallying in front of city hall.

1 comment:

brie said...

She certainly has charm AND sparkle, that little daughter of yours.

I'm feeling so torn. I keep seeing and hearing about all my friends picketing while I'm up at HQ. Although, there have been some wonderful people working there with me (including the SHARK) it's a bit weird to feel isolated.

Also...how effed up is it that in 2007 we're still fighting for equal pay??? I can't get over it!!!