Monday, June 25, 2007

Butt firmly stuck in neutral



I've been stuck in neutral these days, whiling away hours on the internet (blogs, facebook, you're eating my brain!). I feel really disconnected from people and things that I should be connected to.

So, we're going away. In a week we'll be leaving the land of electronic and telecommunications for three weeks in the land of sun, fresh air, canoeing (yes, Olive, in the canoe! woohoo!) no plumbing, blowing off the stink in the lake, a 25 year old outdoor toilet (appealing perhaps only to me - there are paintings of sea creatures that my sister and I painted as kids - what is better than to pee with the door open, surrounded by spiders and childhood art?), crosswords, board games, cards, a beer fridge, a porch with a view, a 50 year old record player and a supply of music ranging from the Mary Poppins soundtrack to Wham! to Roger Whittaker. Yes, Roger Whittaker. Mammy Blue is one of my all time favourite songs, so kiss it. We're going to have some alone time, then we're going to hang out with Great Grampa, Auntie Chris, Nanny, Kaitlyn and 3 precocious dogs. Full house. I cannot wait to introduce Olive to my favourite place on earth.

We'll be heading out to some amazing theatre and hopefully making jam with my grama. Then we'll be heading to the island to visit Doug's family and maybe do some camping on the beach (oh, how I'd love to visit Quadra Island again!).

Then, in August, mama has to go back to work (half-time). So, time to soak up the sun, the babe, the husband, the love.

And now it's time for me to wash the floors, do the laundry, bake, dust.....


No comments: