Friday, March 9, 2007

Melange



Oi, the wee babe is sick. She's been fighting a cold for a week now, and has now evolved into a gooby coughing mess. Great green gobs of snot drip down her face, and if I'm not on it in seconds (maybe a fraction of a second), she is rubbing her nose and her eyes and there is a melange of body fluids EVERYWHERE. Or she just eats it. Mmmmmm. All of those times I grossed my mum out by chewing my toenails are coming back to haunt me.

Yesterday I impulse purchased myself a (huge) skein of Fleece Artist Country Mohair in Rainforest. It is SO beautiful. I had no idea what I would do with it at the time, but I've since dreamed up the plan for a gorgeous pillow for my couch. Yummy. There was another woman there puchasing 6 skeins who was talking about creating a coat based on her grandfather's oriental rug. Ya.... me too. 'Cuz I would know how to do that.

I am an obsessive list maker. I make huge lists, then I accomplish almost nothing on it. But dammit, that list will prevent me from forgetting anything that I shouldn't. There are currently things on the big list (living on the fridge) that are months behind. We missed the RESP date. I haven't called my cousin. The car hasn't been cleaned since we purchased it. And why the heck would I want to read that boring insurance policy anyways? I'd much rather attend to the pressing business of nursing/playing/feeding/walking/dishes/laundry/taking a break. Getting the bathroom cleaned on a semi-regular basis is a triumph - actually making a will is beyond my ken.

And really, let's be honest. My brain is a sieve. Random thoughts and ideas trickle through my mind, like snowflakes on a warm day, only to melt the moment they make contact with anything else. So, the lists.

Uh, what was the point?

I finally finished Doug's birthday hat - photo forthcoming (must convince him to let me take a picture), and mostly finished the baby sweater (need some wooden buttons) which will be blogged about on Handmaiden's blog because, evidently, it is a near perfect example of what Mme. Handmaiden refers to as "the sweet spot" in hand dyed yarn.

Crafty goals (I feel a list coming on...):
  • clean & oil sewing machine
  • purchase fabric to make bibs
  • start above mentioned pillow
  • practice embroidery

No comments: