Monday, March 26, 2007

Looking for joy



I came across a lovely spring manifesto and thought, with the sunshine finally returning, that this is a good idea. Good to ponder. Good to write down and remember.

I will dive into nursing my baby. I will luxuriate in nuzzling her sweet cheeks and soft hair. In stroking her sweet skin. It is going by so fast, and I'm not ready for her to be big yet.

We will spend time rolling on the grass and discovering flowers and feeling warm breezes on our naked skin - it is all new to O.

I will embrace opportunities to snuggle and giggle in bed with Doug and Olive.

I will read the manual on our camera and learn how to use it to its full extent.

I will make time for meditation.

I will read on the back porch while sipping something yummy.

I will believe in the truth of my instincts.

I will listen to more music and less talk radio.

I will explore more seasonal, local foods.

I will drive less and walk more.

I will look for the possibility of joy, not sorrow. Because it really is everywhere, when I stop racing forwards all of the time.

I will be present.

I will enjoy chocolate in all its forms.

The photos are from one of our favourite walking spots near our house, Mountain View Cemetery.

1 comment:

brie said...

My Mormor (grandma) is buried there but I can't find her grave. I keep meaning to ask my mom where it is. She died right before I was born. I like walking through there as well.

In music related news...Kristy I think that you would really like Lily Allen. I just got home from seeing her live and she was great. Also, she's quite outspoken on body image and gender equality in pop music which, of course, makes her tops in my books.