Thursday, March 15, 2007

Irritated




Olive has discovered her free will and is doing her best to assert herself whenever I do something to piss her off. Which is frequently.

She makes this squinched up face and yells/screams/grabs/kicks/whines.

Things that irritate her:
  • hard poos (not really my fault)
  • taking away things she's playing with (say, a ceramic dish)
  • not giving her the spoon while she's eating
  • eating solids delivered by said spoon (time for finger food?)
  • wiping her face
  • wiping her boogey nose
  • changing her diaper
  • leaving her alone on the floor
  • leaving her alone in the bed
  • removing my nipple from her mouth
  • trying to put my nipple in her mouth when we are in public or with others (she can only focus on nursing for any length of time if she is a) falling asleep, b) asleep, or c) so famished she might perish without it)
I am sick. My theory is that the cold came because I actually got some sleep three nights in a row (only 4 or 5 wake ups per night - it was divine). Doug thinks I'm crazy. This is not the first time he's told me that.

We played with our friends Charlie & Etta this afternoon. A good time was had by all.

No comments: