Thursday, March 1, 2007


And her first word is mama!

There is some debate around our house about whether it is indeed a legitimate first word (does she know what she's saying or is it just an easy sound?), but I attest that when a baby says 'mamamamama' when she has just woken from a nap or wants a boob or wants to be picked up, she knows what she's saying. Or she knows that this sound is an effective tool for getting what she wants, all of which revolve around me.

I deserve the first word!

My poor babe is sick. Yesterday evening involved some spraying of saline, some resistance to spraying, some hating of the humidifier, some biting of mummy's precious nips (6 times now, I'm keeping track. There's nothing like a nip on the nips to make a mummy rethink her idea of nursing until her babe self-weans. Oi. I don't put my foot down about much yet with this monkey, but biting and stealing glasses are off limits). Anyways, I was so sleep deprived and upset about the biting that I passed out on the couch (after a rant at my sweet husband - because you can't rant at the sick baby) and left Doug and Olive to play until 11 o'clock at night. At which point I returned to duty and would you believe that she slept for 3 STRAIGHT HOURS? Sweet Jesus, why can't she do that all of the time?

Anyways, small blessings and all that.

Oh, and I got out a great book on embroidery to guide me in my refurbishing of all of my ancient, stained clothes - because why buy new when Olive will just grind her smut covered jowels all over it, causing me to cry? So, embroidery and applique, here I come.

No comments: